Noilly Prattle: Nope! It ain't the Mayans...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nope! It ain't the Mayans...

I think I figured out what happened to my blog photos. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the ancient Mayans or that they ran out of space on their version of the Rosetta Stone and decided to bring the world to an end in 2012 I believe.

Blame it on Google and the modern madness of linking everything. Unfortunately or otherwise I have Google in the morning, Google in the evening and Google at suppertime. I have gmail, Picasa and now blogspot. It turns out that they are inextricably linked to one another. Duh!

A couple days ago I noticed that the number of my Picasa albums had inexplicably increased although I noted that some of them included new blog photos that I hadn't actually "added" to Picasa. They just got linked apparently, but I, not realizing this, deleted the photos that I didn't want in Picasa. That's when I noticed that all my blog photos had disappeared, but I didn't make the connection until later that night when I woke up a 2 o'clock in the morning and the brain kicked into high gear. Before falling back asleep I determined to check out my assumptions. I restored some photos and a couple of posts and they seem to hold on my computer.

I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know in a comment below if they are able to see the restored ones.

Thanx,

NP

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

Pictures are there until I got to Christmas Present's page. Then…nada.

Sorry about your head exploding at 2 in the morning. Poor SO.

I have posted photos on FB. I should use Picassa??? After your experience, I think I will keep procrastinating.

Noilly Prattle said...

Thanks for response. Ya, that's right. I didn't restore photos earlier than Persian IV.

NP