Noilly Prattle: Orange and Blue Aurae

Friday, December 13, 2013

Orange and Blue Aurae

   One thing leads to another and I recently got into a discussion of auras with a friend of mine who is also interested in the phenomenon of energy waves emanating from, for want of a better expression, the spirit body. 

       I once had an interesting experience on a beach in West Africa. It was late afternoon and the setting sun was at just the right angle to create a field of sparkling light and shadow on the surface of the sea. I was relaxing with some friends and smoking some pot when I noticed a man walking along the water's edge and, as he passed between the sun sparkle and my line of vision, he seemed burst into a bluish glow that enveloped his entire body and seemed to flame over his head; it was a little something like watching a campfire--mellow and mesmerizing. I assumed it was an effect of the the pot and the sunlight and I expected it to die out as the man's silhouette moved out of the sun sparkle field of bright back lighting, but, instead, the aura held steady as he walked down the beach and eventually out of sight. 

        I recently ran across a little test that purports to tell you the color of your aura. I took the test expecting my aura to be blue, my favorite color, but to my surprise it turned out to be orange. That got me thinking that maybe we don't just have one aura, but that it can change according to different variables instead of being something fixed and unchangeable. Who knows what mysterious things we are capable of?

        This is the link to the aura quiz if you're interested in trying on the color of your own aura.

What's the color of your aura?

        Here's an impression of my own aura--as I thought it would be and as it actually turned out.


No comments: